Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Independence Day!


This post is a couple days late, but we should always celebrate and remember freedom, right? Since July 4th came on a Monday this year, I had all my picnicking and barbeques and summer fun wrapped up by the time Monday night came along for the local fireworks. Still, I decided to walk around the corner in my neighborhood to catch the fireworks in the park. I loved seeing signs of patriotism displayed on my walk.



Since I am only a camera phone photographer, I am not sure these photos capture all the beauty of the ever-fleeting dusk. But the clear skies, the second before the street lights turn on, the summer air on my summer skin, the sliver of the moon, the amber shadows - I couldn't ask for a better "feeling".



And then, from across the street:





Thanks to all those that have and continue to protect our freedoms of this country! We appreciate it. -A

No comments:

Post a Comment