Monday, July 11, 2011

Anniversary of a Date



My husband and I went out to celebrate our first date this past weekend. Amidst all of our house guests this month we managed to find a night that everyone had other plans to continue our yearly tradition. It was a beautiful July night. Toasty warm outside and perfect night to wear a dress.

While relaxing at dinner I did see several people ride past the restaurant window on bicycles. The one that made me smile was an older man on a adult tricycle transporting some groceries. I rarely see those bikes anymore but it was nice to see an elderly person still pedaling along. I also caught a glimpse of a little girl riding on the handlebars of I assume her brothers bike. I found this very familiar as this was very acceptable when I was growing up. Although we would deem that as a very unsafe practice now, I still thought it was sweet since they both looked so happy riding by.

Dinner was at a restaurant that specializes in Italian and Mediterranean cuisine and always makes a point to use seasonal ingredients. I am glad the restaurant hasn’t changed in the years we have been going there. It is also nice to head back to the city for a night out. I apologize for my lack of photos of the bike riders and my dinner but I decided to keep the camera tucked away and just enjoy the moment.

Does anyone else still celebrate random anniversaries like that? - P


No comments:

Post a Comment