Thursday, December 9, 2010

Paris At Home Weekend #1



I am a little late posting about my first weekend celebrating Paris at home as it is Thursday. The first snow seemed to put a delay on everything I did this week. What I also thought was really fantastic was that Paris had a newsworthy snowstorm. The first book I gave to my husband that is French inspired was Julia's Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". Although he is already a wonderful cook I knew he would love the book. It also lead in to something he has wanted for ages, which is a Le Creuset's enameled cast iron french oven. I meant to buy this as his anniversary gift several months back but here it is. He used it right away and made Beef Burgundy, french bread, a french red, and of course Perrier. He topped the Beef Burgundy with guacamole and sour cream. It was the first day of snow and it was nice to have a delicious french meal at home. - P

No comments:

Post a Comment