Friday, August 5, 2011

Perform a Maintenance Task On Your Bike(s)






As the fourth event in the Let's Go Ride a Bike Summer Games I decided to perform some bike maintenance.  It works out perfectly as I am expecting family in from out of town tonight and plan to let my sister ride the hybrid bike.   I haven't been on my road bike at all this year since I have been riding my hybrid.  The tires on my road bike were, of course, flat and the bike was slightly dusty.  I washed both bikes, cleaned and put lube on the chain, put air in the tires, checked the brakes and gears.  I have a bicycle repair manual which I have used for reference in the past.  Aside from what I did today I have been lucky as my husband usually helps me with more difficult repairs.  I do want to learn more so I can do them on my own in the future. - P

No comments:

Post a Comment