Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Scarf in July

Over the years I have admired, but not truly appreciated work put into beautifully crocheted items.  My great-grandmother's countless items, grandma's, mom's, and my sister's blankets and now pillow.  Most recently A's sister gave me two scarfs she made.  I received compliments on them all winter long.  A couple of weeks ago I was in a craft/fabric store looking for something completely different when the yarn below caught my eye.  The pretty colors have a summer feel to it.  Although it was a 90 degree day, all I could think of was how this yarn would look if made into a scarf.

Aside from the running, cycling, reading, and other interests, I have never created a handmade item I could actually wear.  Both my mom and sister spent a few nights showing me how to crochet more times than I would like to admit.  I think I have the hang of it  now and I am rather excited to see the progress I'm making.  I think I found something I can do while watching television or chatting with friends.  I think this will look great on the first cool evening this fall.  - P


No comments:

Post a Comment