Wednesday, June 22, 2011

At the Track

So P and I decided that a little speed work in our running and riding and yoga program was necessary if we want to ever post faster times in the races we do. Tonight was the official first time I was going to go to the track since basketball conditioning in high school. Since the local high school track is only about a mile and a half away I decided to ride my bike there. When I get there I see this sign.




I had actually mentally prepared myself all day for a track workout. I am surprised with myself that my first reaction wasn't "ok, so I'll just run around the neighborhood". It was actually, "where is the next closest track and can I ride there"? It turns out that the neighboring city's high school track was only about 5 miles away, and thankfully, along the bike lane.




So, I finally arrived at a track! A good workout, sprint intervals for only a mile since I had an unexpectedly long ride. A 3 mile round trip turned into an 11 mile round trip.




-A

No comments:

Post a Comment